Tuesday 25 September 2012

My street fighting years.

 The year- 1977. The place- the mean streets of Hampstead. The provocation- a bunch of 'skin heads' blocking the path. Whose path?- mine, me, a righteous six foot tall black dude got up like a Harlem pimp (Mum bought my clothes. Worse, she had bought my clothes in Janpath before we'd come to London.)  My reaction- Kung Fu to the max!
 But seriously folks, don't try this at home. Martial Arts is not for amateurs. As a case in point, take the dismal performance put up by The Royal Free Hospital's 'Bubbees on Chemotherapy' Krav Ma'gah team back in '77. I hardly even limp any more, except in wet weather, and have been able to take solid food since 2009.
 Young people nowadays, however, don't have the stones for street fighting coz they are all homos and totally apolitical and Mamma's boys completely. For which I, personally, blame David Cameron. That boy aint right.

No comments: